May 29 – June 04, 2019 | Rio de Janeiro and Iguacu Falls, Brazil
Join ECJS & JEP FOR 7 DAYS as we take our first ever trip to SOUTH AMERICA, exploring BRAZIL and some of ARGENTINA!
*** ONLY 90 PLACES AVAILABLE***
Meet young Jews (aged 18-39) from all over the world, in this unique opportunity:
During this trip you will…
- Experience Brazilian attractions, including the SugarLoaf Mountain, Copacabana and the famous Maracanã Stadium
- Visit Iguacu Falls, one of the 7 Wonders of Nature (Wonders of the World) and adventure into Argentina
- Party the nights away in true ECJS & JEP style
- Celebrate a traditional Shabbat thousands of miles from home with other fun young Jews
- Expand your knowledge in mind-provoking interactive discussions
- Make new friends in the home of the “Verde-Amarela”
The event includes…
- Tours and visits of all the famous Rio and Iguacu Falls sites (in both Brazil and Argentina)
- Full Glatt Kosher meals from lunch on 29th May until breakfast on 4th June
- 2 Deluxe and comfortable hotels
- Connecting flight and transfer between Rio de Janeiro and Iguacu Falls
- Cross-Border fees for Argentinian side of the falls.
Brazil and Argentina are in the Southern Hemisphere (meaning it’s winter during the time we visit both countries). However, as Rio de Janeiro has a Tropical Savanna close to Tropical Monsoon climate, then winter is similar to Western Europe summer time. Temperatures in the day reach highs of around 27 degrees C in Rio and around 22 degrees C at the Falls. At night, temperatures drop to around 18 degrees C in Rio and 13 degrees C at the Falls. This is all ideal for touring the region.
Brazil at this time of year is 5 hours behind of CEST (4 behind UK time). We do not take any health responsibility for you in Brazil, but advise you to be up to date on your general vaccinations and boosters (Diptheria, Hepatitis A and Tetanus). It is your choice if you wish to take Typhoid vaccinations, Malaria precautions or other disease precautions. This is all advised from the UK Foreign Office as of January 2019, and is similar to most European Nations advice.
Safety and Security
As per all our events we ensure our group is always 100% secure. In discussion with the Jewish community in Rio de Janeiro, we will provide necessary security to ensure safety. If you have any further questions specifically on Safety and Security, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.